Provides equipment and/or departmental service and support, and performs preventive maintenance, quality assurance inspections, installation, testing, calibration, troubleshooting, repair and general maintenance on assigned equipment, to include electrical, mechanical and computer based components. Assists with projects related to new system acquisition, installation, testing and operation. Travels to other hospital or business sites (local and out of state) to assist with repair and maintenance of clinical systems.
- An Associate's degree in electrical, mechanical, biomedical engineering, or equivalent, with documented advanced levels of technical service management expertise (OEM or equivalent) pertaining to the specific equipment requiring high levels of technical support
- Three or more years hand's on experience performing direct repair and maintenance on both general and model specific equipment in one of following specialized fields: Rigid and/or flexible scopes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state-of-the-art electronic test equipment; repair and preventive maintenance procedures; troubleshooting techniques and use of diagnostic service software applications on general as well as specialty clinical equipment
- Demonstrated hands-on repair and maintenance skills on complex electrical, mechanical, power supply and computerized control systems. Ability to use tools, test equipment and specialty service devices
- Ability to communicate and function independently in a customer focused service environment and to use computer software based work order tracking systems as a means to fully document repair and maintenance services performed
- Ability and willingness to travel to OEM service schools for training, as well as to remote hospital sites, to include weekend and after normal working hours, in order to assist with short and mid term work assignments
- Ability and work a flexible work schedule, and willingness to respond to after hour service requests as needed, especially when on-call
- Ability to use vendor supplied service documentation, technical manuals and general electronic industry parts specification materials in order to test, troubleshoot, maintain and repair all components of assigned equipment and related systems
McLaren Health Care - 18 months ago