Providence is calling a full-time
Service Specialist 1 for a day shift
position at Providence Murray Business Center
In this position, you will:
- Be member of a service team that supports multiple regions and whose primary purpose is to provide Health Plan customers with outstanding, seamless service.
- Be responsible for the first line of communication with a variety of customers, including existing and potential members, providers, and employers.
- Provide detailed benefit, eligibility and premium information on a broad portfolio of products, assist members in selecting medical homes and primary care physicians, educate members and providers in the appropriate use of health plan and clinic services, research and respond to claims and authorization inquiries, and resolve customer issues and concerns.
- Need to possess a high degree of problem solving, a thorough understanding of Health Plans’ operations, including claim processing, enrollment processing, benefit and contract interpretation, medical management initiatives, and customer relations.
Qualifications for this position include:
About Providence in Oregon
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but will consider equivalent customer facing experience in a related field.
- Equivalent defined as experience in all aspects of customer service with a proven track record of learning and applying complex concepts and knowledge, with a proven ability to problem solve.
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as
ourselves and Providence,
people by name,
the duration of estimated wait times and
frequently if timelines change,
situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully
to their concerns, and always
people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Providence Health & Services - 6 months ago
As the sixth-largest faith-based health system in the United States, we employ talented and dedicated individuals at our large medical...