JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for daily servicing of all CAT vehicles and equipment. This involves checking, filling 'topping off' and recording all fluids, performing daily cleaning, sweeping, dusting and mopping. Also includes driving and parking of vehicles, cleaning individual piece parts and sub assemblies using various chemicals in a safe and professional manner, while maintaining a clean, efficient and safe work area.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the CAT Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of CAT, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Services CAT vehicles, which includes, but is not limited to, checking and 'topping off' all fluids, checking tire inflation pressure and re-stocking Bus Operator supplies.
- Performs visual inspections of CAT vehicles to identify vehicle damage and/or mechanical problems and reports such issues to supervisor.
- Performs all phases of interior and exterior CAT vehicle cleaning, which includes, but is not limited to, windows, walls, floors, ceilings, dome lights, hand rails, seats, upholstery, gum removal, graffiti removal, trash removal, air conditioning condensers, accessibility lifts, and wheels.
- Records all fluids consumed on fuel sheets in an accurate and legible manner.
- Operates and cares for all shop equipment and tools in a safe and professional manner.
- Operates CAT vehicles while in strict compliance with CAT policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Arkansas traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Relocates CAT vehicles and directs incoming traffic into the CAT division.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all CAT operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Removes bus schedules and monthly brochures from the on-board bus schedule racks and stocks new CAT approved monthly brochures.
- Cleans individual piece parts and sub assemblies, which includes, but is not limited to, engines, radiators, brake drums, battery compartments, chassis, and wheels.
- Installs and removes interior CAT approved signs as directed.
- Performs job duties using various chemicals in a safe and professional manner following CAT safety policies, directives, and procedures as well as following manufacturer instructions and environmental guidelines.
Audible Visual Demands - Requires ability to hear directions given; distinguish vehicular problems associated with trouble shooting repairs; visually perform essential functions for satisfactory job performance.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Not more than five (5) points assessed against motor vehicle record (MVR) in the past two (2) years as well as possessing a continually valid driver's license for the past two (2) years. Also no DUI, DWI, or reckless driving in the past 24 months
- Overall knowledge of automobile and be experienced in the use of tools to perform related work.
- Must have a valid CDL driver's license or be able to obtain one 90 days from hire date.
- Must be able to understand maintenance manuals; prepare work cards and orders for vehicle/tire repairs.
- Extensive walking and standing at least 90% of the time; lifting a maximum of 75 lbs. and lifting parts and materials overhead. Requires ability to withstand exposure to negative surroundings such as uncomfortable weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals, and extreme noise levels. Requires ability to perform hand-over-hand method of steering vehicles and be able to grip a steering wheel. Must be able to crawl or stoop into tight areas and lay horizontal under a vehicle.
Miscellaneous - Must be willing to work shift hours and days as assigned. (Evening/night shift, starts at 430pm)
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Starting pay $13.94 an hour. Full package of benefits; health, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation, and paid vacation & sick time.
The Central Arkansas Transit Authority is providing notice that it will be accepting diesel quotes from interested vendors to fuel CATAs...