Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We have an immediate need for a Service Supervisor to join our team.
The Service Supervisor manages the workflow and productivity of technicians. He or she provides direct supervision of in-shop Technicians and Utility Workers. Assigns service Work Orders (WOs) to technicians and manages the repair plan. This position makes warranty decisions and ensures all necessary paperwork and/or systems are complete and current on every job. He or she updates the system throughout a repair event to ensure the Service Advisor can inform the customer of job status.
The Shop Supervisor also ensures safe work practices are followed and works closely with other branch team members to create an efficient, safe service operation.
- · Maintain service profitability; including productivity, labor utilization, and work in process, recovery rate, service inventory, warranty recovery and expense control.
· Ensure we perform high quality repairs on time and on budget.
· Work with the service team to establish and maintain a work schedule that maximize technician utilization, while minimizing customer repair cycle time.
· Assign technicians to work and monitor progress against schedules.
· Ensures outstanding customer service and adherence to Cummins directives and programs.
· Ensure a positive, productive work environment; provides positive and constructive feedback to team members. Assists employees in correcting job-skill deficiencies.
· Applies company policies and procedures fairly and consistently; ensures compliance with company objectives and applicable government regulations (DOT, emissions requirements).
· Ensure technicians use appropriate processes, systems, and tools.
· Involved in technician training schedules. Ensures technicians have and understand the latest technical support information.
· May assist in generating repair/rebuild quotes.
· Act quickly on issues of concern brought up by employees or customers.
· Works with branch management in providing 24 hour “on-call” service to customers.
· Identify and resolve difficult technical problems. This includes investigation, documentation, coordination and escalation to appropriate resource (i.e., DFSE, Factory Service Engineer).
· Ensure shop equipment and tools are properly maintained and stocked
· Monitor and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
· Perform other responsibilities as needed.
What We Offer
- · Associates degree in Diesel Mechanics and/or Service Management or five years of experience and training with Cummins engines, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Prior advanced level work experience as a Diesel Technician with knowledge of Cummins engines, parts and warranties preferred.
· Supervisory experience is highly desired.
· Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Excellent computer skills with capability to effectively use all Cummins systems and processes.
· Highly skilled in problem recognition and resolution
· Must be able to safely operate all testing equipment and tools.
· Must be able to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner.
· Demonstrate a commitment to personal and worksite safety.
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition assistance and training
- Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
- A competitive wage and much more.
If interested, please Apply On-line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify