Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We serve a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals.We're not just lifting things, but entire businesses. TM
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree preferred however prior equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign/manage field labor hours to maximize profitability and productivity (direct labor average) at or above budgeted minimums without compromising safety or quality. Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Assist technicians with identification of required repair parts. Procure required materials, parts, equipment and subcontract labor for work assignments. Process related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed. Process purchase orders through the system using established guidelines.
- Review performance of service jobs to ensure quotations accurately project labor hours, travel costs, rental costs, procured items, etc. Analyze and report to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
- Provide supervisory support to technicians. Provide information and assistance on any disciplinary issues and document actions, with guidance from the Service Manager or higher level management.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and technicians via telephone support or facilitate contact with appropriate resources to support the need.
- Track and follow up on leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Take appropriate action to ensure leads are quoted in a timely fashion or forward leads to other designated resources, for estimation and quotation, if required.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be quickly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
- Provide leadership in safe work practices by participating in monthly safety meetings and when necessary delivering the meeting material. Organize, document and report monthly safety meetings. Maintain and provide all safety-related documentation, per company guidelines.
- Assist the Branch/Service Manager and the District Operations Manager in establishing training needs and requirements for all field operatives in the branch.
- Review and approve technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy, allocation to the correct job numbers and compliance with company policy.
- Perform invoicing weekly to meet company standards and continuously maintain the open orders report ensuring that the open orders report reflects the current status of active service work.
- Ensure 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of prior supervisory experience or leadership experience preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be customer-oriented, have well-developed interpersonal, communication, organizational and PC skills and be able to prioritize tasks. Comfortable in an industrial environment. Willing to take on new and challenging tasks. Willingness to work overtime or additional hours as needed.
Konecranes wants to give customers a positively uplifting experience. The Finnish company is a global manufacturer of cranes, forklift...