Customer Support and Services
United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Service Support Engineer
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Develop essential field service skills by supporting internal customer’
s systems including Laboratory, Clinical and Training systems. Provide backfill support for US based Field Service Engineers and customer accounts as required. Transition to a US based field location within 6-12 months (timing and location to be determined by organization requirements).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to clinical labs and training centers
- Troubleshoot and repair Intuitive Surgical products and associated equipment failures as required
- Perform maintenance inspections as required to ensure system meets performance specifications
- Administrative duties, which include but not limited to; maintaining accurate configurations of installed base; Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports etc...
- Manage spare parts inventory
- Install system upgrades and support tradeshow activity
- Develop abilities in the following areas:
- Pre-site verification for system installation
- Coordinate system delivery and installation (e.g. confirming site readiness)
- Present and sell Service Agreements
- Service Contracts: collections & invoicing process
- Effectively work with surgeons, nurses, robotics coordinators
- Train Clinical Sales Reps (CSR) on new system features
- Provide backfill support (temporary basis) for Field Service Engineers (i.e. vacation, Leave of Absence, etc…)
- Provide process improvements and efficiencies for the Customer Support organization
- Become trained in OR protocol knowledge
- Gain understanding of the Service Operations organization, primarily the RMA area
- 1+ years of Field Service Experience preferred
- AA degree in electronics or mechanical engineering or equivalent training/experience
- Technical aptitude to troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written, oral communication and computer skills
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
Intuitive Surgical is haptic to meet you. Employing haptics (the science of computer-aided touch sensitivity), the firm developed the da...