This position provides an array of support skills necessary to complete the job and includes inspecting, testing, adjusting, and repairing mechanical and electrical components of air compressors and pump systems in commercial and industrial workplaces.
- Discusses systems malfunctions with customers and then visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles unit to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn, defective parts.
- Realigns couplings, components and/or shafts.
- Measures, cuts, thread, and installs pipe.
- Repair broken parts and be able to set up and operate metalworking tools such as drill press, or grinder, to make repairs.
- Starts equipment and adjusts controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to test operation following repair.
- Discuss system operation with customer to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Drives service van on a daily basis to customer site and ensures that the vehicle is maintained and serviced on schedule.
- Discusses issues, recommendations and follows up with customers
- Follows policies and procedures including safe work practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Minimum of 3 years related experience (Mechanic or Diesel Engine Mechanic experience would be considered)
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to become DOT certified and maintain certification
- Above average computer skills to include working knowledge of MS WORD and Excel
- Ability to lift minimum of 70 lbs
- Bending, stooping, twisting and standing for long periods of time will be required
- Position is subject to various climate conditions
- Basic electrical knowledge
Atlas Machine and Supply, Inc. - 20 months ago