The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for generating the revenue for the HVAC Service Department. The HVAC Service Technician provides thorough diagnostics, professional service repairs, furnace and A/C tune ups, and enrolls clients into loyalty service agrement club. The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for proposing work, recording job descriptions, collecting customer authorizations, manage his or her truck inventory and keeping his or her service vehicle in order. The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for establishing new client relationships and creating an experience that keeps the client coming back in the future. The HVAC Service Technician earns positive online reviews and promotes his team to prospective customers and employees. The HVAC Service Technician works under the direction of the Service Manager and welcomes coaching to develop customer service and sales skills.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems in residential homes.
- Repairs and maintains thermostats, air filters, blower fans, belts, and bearings.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various makes and models of HVAC equipment.
- Understand the operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in residential and light commercial buildings.
- Performs daily work duties associated with the trade with little to no supervision in the field.
- 4 years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
- Possess of a valid Illinois Driver's License.
- EPA License.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check – No Felonies.
- Free of recreational drug usage
- Possess an analytical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep good records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients at a level they understand.
- Able to work independently.
- Effectively use an iphone.
Additional Skills Desired:
- NATE Certification a plus.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with Precision, please apply to this position and upload your resume. If you are considered, a representative will connect with you.
- Paid vacations
- 6 paid holidays annually
- 401k with employer match
- Production bonuses
- Clean & pressed uniforms
- Spiff incentives
- Paid ongoing training
Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer