We have an exciting opportunity for a Repair Technician II to join our Service Team in Niles, IL. The technician will advise and serve our customers by providing technical repair services, training and information.
- Repair Shure products.
- Communicate with customers regarding product repairs.
- Assist product development teams regarding service related issues, including DFEMA and BRT.
- Assist in creation of service manuals.
- Train internal and external customers on Shure products and systems.
- Technical bulletin assistance services.
- Consultant services with Applications department.
- Analyze and troubleshoot to component level.
- Associates degree in electronics engineering required. Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in electronic theory and relationship with Shure products
- Knowledge of analog audio electronics theory and operation.
- Knowledge of digital audio electronics theory and operation.
- Experienced in product troubleshooting, repair, and calibration.
- Intimate knowledge of Command Line Interface protocol, HyperTerminal and Telnet
- Experience with lead-free solder.
- Solder skills: Must be able to remove, replace and solder micro-components accurately and reliably.
- Familiarity with the business side of service department operations
- Networking: understanding IP addressing, Subnet, etc…
- Standard connections: POE, Ethernet, USB 2.0, etc
- Wireless connectivity
- Good verbal and written communications skills, with English as a primary language. Bi/multi lingual a plus.
- Experienced in the team concept.
- Computer literate in the use of packaged software. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Knowledge of error bit rate testing and samples
- Knowledge of Digital to Analog converter ( DAC) and Analog to Digital converter ( ADC)
- Knowledge of trans receivers that use various modulations protocols
- Ability to travel as necessary
Shure - 23 months ago
Sure, "The King" may have left the building for good, but Shure Incorporated continues to produce microphones that were good...