AMAX is s eeking an experienced HW technician to support AMAX’s growth with a consistent list of customers. This position will have a critical focus on hardware technical skills specifically in regard to x86 servers, storage, and PCIe add-on peripherals. The candidate must possess organizational skills and be capable to work in a team as well as being independent.
- Repair systems that consist of x86 motherboards, add-on cards, backplane replacement, hard drive replacement, and other components related to servers.
- Provide assistance to Service Center engineers to help diagnose issues provided by customers.
- Provide L1/L2 technical support coverage during normal business hours, per assignment.
- Support AMAX’s Production department to assist in troubleshooting/test/repair of servers
- Work with other departments continuously to improve work flow and process.
- 3+ years of PC repair and testing
- Hands-on technical fundamentals of x86 server architectures including memory, storage, and network. Understanding of the server data transfer such as PCI-e, USB, SATA, SAS. Excellent communication skills with the ability to be professionally presentable to the customer.
- Preferred Skills: Basic Windows and Linux. Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Physical requirements: Able to carry, push/pull servers in excess of 25 pounds.
Vocational or college certification
About the Company
- The company offers competitive compensation and benefit programs that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K along with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
- AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.
Monster - 20 months ago