(Washington & Winfield Locations)
Southeast Iowa John Deere Dealer has Service Technician openings in both its Winfield and Washington, Iowa locations. As a member of the Precision Team , you will have the opportunity to perform basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment.
We offer a competitive wage and a full range of benefits (including 401K with a company match, health and dental insurance, uniforms, paid time off, flex plan, etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
- Perform basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed, if required;
- Perform basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment repairs as requested by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman;
- Participate in all job-related training and development;
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments;
- Maintain current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products;
- Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment;
- Mentor Service Technician Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; and
- Farm Implement Technical School graduate or equivalent experience.
Working Conditions: Store shop
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of outdoor power equipment/agricultural equipment;
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems;
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays;
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards to 75 lbs; and
- Outstanding inter-personal and customer service skills.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
If you are a dedicated, customer-focused team member and want to join an aggressive market leader, come join the Precision Team and be associated with the world’s leading producer of agricultural equipment.
Precision Equipment - 7 months ago