SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform scheduled service and troubleshooting tasks on Wind Turbine Generators (WTG).
- Take necessary action to prevent or limit failure to optimize turbine efficiency.
- Maintain site inventory.
- Optimize the reliability and performance of the wind turbines by minimizing down-time.
- Insure scheduled service activities are performed correctly and on time.
- Identify potential problems ahead of time and be proactive in implementing solutions.
- Work with Engineering and Construction on project commissioning and erection activities.
- Insure timely and accurate implementation of engineering change notices and retrofits.
- Comply with all working procedures, quality control procedures and rules.
- Carefully track both spare parts usage and time allocation.
- Insure time sheets are accurately completed and submitted.
- Costs are correctly applied and manage the use of consumables and parts.
- Technical Associates degree or equivalent trade oriented experience.
- Electrical/Mechanical technical training with experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and error tracking on machines.
- 3- 5 years experience as maintenance and service technician experience from the wind power industry or comparable industry.
- Experienced in performing maintenance, troubleshooting for equipment for power generation.
- Experienced in error analysis and control equipment.
- Candidates will attend wind turbine safety training, wind turbine theory as well as hands on training in wind turbine operations; electrical and mechanical prior to full time assignment.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Intermediate computer literacy.
- Proficient software skills.
- Experienced at performing megger testing, using laser alignment equipment for generator alignment, multi-meters and amperage clamps, Hytorc bolt tensioning equipment and torque wrenches.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters and work in confined spaces with diverse environmental conditions.