The Service Technician's primary responsibility is to provide quality installations, inspections, maintenance and repairs of hoist and crane equipment. Breakdowns will require troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical components and circuits. Responsibilities - Inspect overhead industrial cranes and hoists to verify safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motor controls).
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
- Provide a high level of communication with Customers. Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Prefers two to four years of work experience with similar types of equipment (i.e. industrial cranes, bridge cranes, hoists)
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills required
- Clean driving record required
- Machining and welding skills desired
- Good communication skills are desired
- Experience working with customers is a plus
- Prior industrial maintenance mechanic experience is highly preferred
Work Environment Considerations:
- Work various environments and working conditions depending on assignment.
- Occasional overtime required
- Working at heights and some heavy lifting
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, climbing, crawling, driving
Terex - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...