Maintenance & Engineering
Job Location :
District Heights, MD
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Complete daily service request tasks as assigned.
- Repair, renovate, paint, and clean vacant apartments.
- Maintain appearance of the interior and exterior of the building(s).
- Discard trash from grounds and buildings in appropriate receptacles; monitor trash removal and disposal on a daily basis.
- Perform landscaping and snow removal; keep the community building and grounds safe, clean, and free of clutter.
- Assist with common area and apartment cleaning as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service while achieving or exceeding the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recommend suggestions for improved operating techniques and troubleshooting.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools, and utensils.
- Provide individual service support to residents.
- Participate in and attend all required in-service training sessions.
- Communicate any identified resident concerns/issues to the Service Manager or Property Manager in a timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies, according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all with all policies and procedures in accordance with and as outlined in both the Shelter Properties Operational Policies and Procedures Manual and Human Resources Manual.
- Assure the property, including interiors, exteriors, and landscape is well maintained and highly attractive.
- Contribute to resident satisfaction by ensuring that customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assist with the service needs of additional communities, splitting duties as needed or assigned.
- Ability to access all areas of the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults for positions at Senior Housing Communities.
- Type II Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all associates.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Skill in areas such as assisting with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, equipment repair, and painting.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, read, and write in English.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain a valid in-state driver’s license.
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...