Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication between service employees, other departments, clients and management.
All employees are responsible for the quality of their work.
All employees are expected to take corrective action to contain or resolve situations that would compromise customer satisfaction.
In addition, this position is accountable for the following:
- Perform mechanical repairs and service on the full line of products represented by VCES
- Service and repair work may be performed in the shop or in the field at a job site or customer’s facility
- Has thorough knowledge of all equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication. Must be proficient at diagnosing and repairing those systems
- Ability to work on or around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Has the ability to independently trouble shoot equipment systems accurately and in a timely manner
- Must possess a set of tools sufficient to perform the job as required
- Consistent follow through on all job facets, including parts ordering and retrieval, warranty claims, customer follow-up, etc.
- Can operate a service truck in a safe and responsible manner
- Possesses a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment
- Willingly works over time when needed to complete an assigned task
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Three (3) years experience in service or related field
- Prior experience in the construction industry preferred
- Background with hydraulics and diesel engines
- Full understanding of OSHA and applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations pertaining to job sites and locations
Additional Important Requirements:
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Some local travel required
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group - 5 months ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...