Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
Role Definition: (Summarize in two or three sentences what the purpose of the role and in what way it impacts the business.) Install, maintain and repair telephone network to the customers. Maintain PBX, PABX, CBX and station equipment. Duties may include, but are not limited to, installation and repair of data circuits, modems, system printers and other miscellaneous equipment, in addition to the main PBX, PABX, CBX and Key Systems.
Locate buried facilities, maintain carrier systems and other duties as needed to provide customer service.
Prerequisites/ Basic Qualifications: (Candidates must possess all of the following.)
1. Overall performance rating of “fully satisfactory”, excluding safety.
2. Good safety record (to be determined by reviewing the record over the entire period of employment).
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. Must have successfully completed the appropriate employment tests.
5. Ability to interact with various work groups and customers to resolve service issues.
6. Ability to handle hand tools and portable power tools.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
1. Must be physically able to handle ladders and work aloft.
2. Must be physically capable of climbing poles and working aloft.
3. Must be physically able to push, pull, lift and bend.
4. Must be physically able to lift fifty pounds frequently and up to seventy pounds occasionally.
5. Must be physically able to work in most weather conditions.
6. Must be able to distinguish colors.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream Communications - 13 months ago
Windstream Corporation (Windstream) is a provider of telecommunications services in rural communities in the United States. The Company owns...