Job Description:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:|
Provide key customer contact to promote quality customer
service and increase business within the branch
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Act as primary liaison with customers to provide
quotes and schedule work in the shop.
2. Ensure that service processes are followed.
3. Resolve customer concerns in connection with either
Cummins, Inc. or distributorship warranties.
4. Have working knowledge of warranty alerts, product
updates, and all other product information.
5. Use suggestive selling techniques to promote the sale
of service specials and recommend preventative
6. Assess customer's needs, gather pertinent
information, and open work orders.
7. Interface with customers to answer service questions
both over the phone and in person.
8. Close repair orders as needed.
9. Contact service customers and inform them of open
schedules to increase shop business.
10. Promote the overall appearance of the shop by
maintaining a clean and orderly department. Ensure the
professionalism of service department employees to
project total quality and customer-led mindset.
11. Assist in the scheduling of shop job assignments.
12. Supervise flow of business process.
13. Complete repair job including material and labor
pricing, invoicing, and collecting from the customer.
Determine specific warranty/policy coverage.
14. Collect from cash customers and be able to explain
invoice if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must possess superior interpersonal and excellent
customer service skills.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Ability to read, understand, and interpret all
service manual topic, parts manuals, warranty alerts,
campaigns, SRT manuals and Quick Serve on-line. Be able
to instruct and assist technicians with this
5. Must possess leadership qualities and
6. Familiar with Cummins products and applications.
7. Well-acquainted with all tools, replacement parts,
and equipment needed to repair Cummins products.
8. Legible handwriting.
9. Must have knowledge of warranty policies.
10.Knowledge of BMS system.
11.Must have an internal drive for customer service and
provide an elevated level of service for internal and
12.Must comply with safety rules and regulations and
apply them to daily work routines for personal safety
and the safety of others.
Req. Code : 592
Division/Department : Houston Operations
# of Openings : 1
Cummins Southern Plains - 2 years ago