As a Service Writer you will perform service writing and coordination duties for a Wingfoot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
This position typically operates in an indoor office work environment, therefore minimal exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Complete work orders, PM checklists, and other paperwork effectively and efficiently
- Handle all payments and other transactions promptly and properly
- Identify add-on sales opportunities and effectively communicate these to the customer
- Ensure inventory is secured, stored and only accessible to the associates in accordance with company guidelines
- Maintain work flow and organization to ensure maximum productivity
- Quote tire prices, including trade-ins, accurately
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in parts room, restrooms, and merchandise area
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
At lease one year of relevant commercial truck service and/or service writing experience is preferred.
Good oral and written communication ability.
Good computer skills.
Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 14 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...