To make a positive contribution and measurably impact the sales of Corporate Brand products as a member of a team to complete grocery store section resets. Support division’s merchandising efforts in a manner consistent with Kroger’s Corporate Brand Mission and P.L. Marketing, Inc.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide customer assistance and have a working knowledge of Kroger’s Customer 1 st Strategy
· Direct temporary workers when needed
· Work independently, execute category/aisle set plan
· Demonstrate a high level of teamwork when interacting with Kroger, National Food Brokers, and other PLM employees
· Help identify opportunities to increase sales of Kroger Corporate Brands with recommendations for new items, improved product placement, pricing/promotional opportunities, and resolution for any supply/stocking issues.
· Apply strong merchandising skills and ability to read, understand and implement plan-o-grams
· Complete assigned plan-o-gram work in a timely manner; insure sections are properly tagged
· Work in all departments of a store per plan
· Operate a CAO gun and printer
· Operate Kroger equipment in a “safety first” manner
· Consistently communicate retail opportunities to supervisor (PLM Set Team Leader)
· Must be able to perform essential job function of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
· Must remain qualified as an insurable driver
· Occasional overnight travel
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Communicate (read, write and speak) fluent English
· Read, understand and implement plan-o-grams
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
· Computer/internet access - knowledge of email and web based applications
· Adapt to advancing technology and computer solutions
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team
· Qualify as an insurable driver with excellent driving record
· Highly motivated self starter who can work with minimal supervision
Minimum Physical Abilities:
Must be able to:
· Operate motor vehicle unassisted
· Remain standing and/or walking unassisted for several hours at a time.
· Lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds.
· Continuously reach up and bend down, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility.
· Lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly.
· Have unlimited manual dexterity.
· Tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees).
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Retail store experience, especially merchandising experience.
· Broker experience.
· Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships with fellow set team members to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Building Trust – Interacting with Kroger Set Team Leaders in a way that gives Kroger employees confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas to the Set Team Leaders in the English language.
· Customer Focus – Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
· Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
· Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
· Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance from all involved parties.
· Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
· Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
P.L. Marketing, Inc. - 7 months ago