The Settlement Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the monthly settlement close process while maintaining and improving the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly settlement reports, and improving the quality and depth of settlement information and processes. This position will also be responsible for reviewing the output of all new processing-system integration mappings that impact the general ledger. The Settlement Accounting Manager will report to the Senior Settlement Accounting Manager in Princeton, New Jersey and will supervise three Settlement Accountants. Accounting experience is required, an accounting degree is a plus and the candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the payment processing industry. CPA certification is not needed, but is a plus.
- Supervise the Settlement Accountants responsible for maintaining the Company’s accounting records related to: merchant & card brand accounts receivable, merchant accounts payable, acquiring bank liabilities, exceptions inventory.
- Lead the month end, quarter end and year-end settlement closings in accordance with the finance calendar.
- Record and reconcile processing system revenue adjustments and reclassifications including any necessary month end revenue accruals.
- Review or direct the review of monthly, quarterly and year end reconciliations generated by the settlement accounting staff and identify any unrecorded processing expense adjustments or accruals.
- Assist independent auditors with quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Assist with the development of in-depth breakouts and trends of all monthly processing revenue, expense activity, and settlement bank accounts cash flow.
- Liaison with the Plano, Texas IT group in order to ensure that the Settlement Department’s needs are considered before products are developed.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses as requested.
- Assist with financial system integrations and conversions.
- Other duties as assigned.
HPS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to qualifying employees.
- Experience working in the payment processing industry required.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to analyze large volumes of information required.
- Experience with Acquiring Bank/Card Brand deliverables for monthly and quarterly submissions.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work well with all levels of employees.
- A thorough understanding of operational accounting policies and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence decisions across departments.
- CPA certification is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card...