Perform upholstery operations and build up assemblies for custom interiors includes cutting/sewing and utilizing standard upholsterer’s tools as well as tools specific to operations. Materials used include, but are not limited to, foam, leather, vinyl, fabric, and carpets. Must possess knowledge in the upholstery trade and work to established work procedures in a production environment. Work independently or with minimal direction from Leadperson/Supervisor .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Pull parts from bins and report any shortages to Leadperson/Supervisor.
- Determine the acceptability of materials to be used.
- Lay out and perform a wide variety of operations to produce high quality finish product.
- Possess knowledge of the Company’s parts both in and out of current production.
- Lay out material to accomplish maximum use and eliminate waste.
- Operate rotary knife, reciprocal knife, band saw, and cutting dies using template to produce patterned materials for assembly.
- Trim thread and excess material.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Work discrepancies.
- Maintain all reports, files, and records.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Leadperson/Supervisor.
- Requires the use of and ownership of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Leadperson/Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
**Only applicants presently legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis need apply. No immigration sponsorship available at this time.
TO APPLY: Please click the link below and e-mail your resume and desired / most recent salary to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the name of the job you are applying for in the title of the e-mail. Contact Human Resources