Red Wing Shoe Company is looking for a Sewing Machine Operator to ensures that garments are finished and customized to specifications of the customer. Inspects and ensures finished garments meet quality standards.
Ensures that garments are finished and customized to specifications of the customer. Inspects and ensures finished garments meet quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
- Customize garments by operating industrial sewing machines.
- Sew on reflective striping and emblems. Hem trousers and shirts. Alter garments according to customer specifications.
- Reviews order for garment style, sizes and quantities prior to beginning production.
- Reviews line art and customization specifications for personalization needs.
- Regulates machine settings
- Folding, trimming, bagging and packing of garments.
- Maintain inventory of sewing supplies and request as needed.
- Check garment for quality. Examines finished articles for defects, such as uneven seams and missed stitches, to maintain qualitative standards. Examines and measures finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using ruler/tape measure.
- Monitors machine operation to detect problems, such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunction.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on sewing machines either directly or through the Maintenance Technician. Lubrication of machine. Keeps machines clean and free of dust.
- Check produced orders to guarantee accuracy of production against order and overall quality.
- Track orders on a daily and weekly basis by completing the daily and weekly logs.
- Continually look for better production methods, production flow, and share relevant issues, concerns, or suggestions with team leaders.
- Maintain accurate customization files.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards in the production area.
- Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
- Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
- Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
- Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
- Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and one to three years related experience/training.
- Customer Focus
- Fosters Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Continuous Learning
Bending, stooping, lifting approx. 35lbs, etc.
Red Wing Shoe Co. will not engage recruiters or search firms in filling this position. Therefore, unless a search firm or recruiter has a current, written contractual agreement with RWSC Inc., resumes received from search firms or recruiters will be considered unsolicited and will be retained, used, or deleted, in each case without obligation to any party.