PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE ST. LOUIS REGION AND SOUTHWEST MISSOURI
: Sexuality Education Specialist
: Part time, Non-Benefit, Non-Exempt
: Education & Diversity Program Coordinator
Major responsibilities include conducting community and professional education programs, including PPSLR/SWMO Peer Education, for various populations including but not limited to students in grades K-12
technical schools, colleges and universities, youth-serving organizations, parent groups, religious organizations, and special needs populations; participating in community outreach; providing support to theEducation Resource Center and library; and furthering the integration and appreciation of diversity and inclusion in and for the department. Must be able to communicate effectively with various populations. Requires exceptional public speaking, teaching and writing skills. Requires driving to and from program locations within a 50-75 mile radius from theEducationCenter. This position also requires computer and writing work that will require sitting at a desk for extended periods and requires standing for periods of time in excess of one hour.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED
- Provide sex education programs to community groups on such topics as contraception, sexually transmitted infections, sexual responsibility, healthy relationships, etc.
- Provide PPSLR/SWMO Peer Education programs with collaborating partner organizations/schools
- Provide programs to professionals on various sexuality topics, as appropriate and as requested
- Market all education’s programs and services to prospective groups and agencies in PPSLR/SWMO’s service area
- Represent the Education and Diversity Division on community coalitions, as appropriate.
- Represent the Education and Diversity Division on internal and external committees, as appropriate.
- Review and critique films, curricula, books, literature and sexuality education materials for purchase
- Maintain brochures/pamphlets/Fact Pack supply
- Coordinate film and resource usage for public and staff
- CompleteEducationCenterend-of-month reports
- Provide assistance as needed to library users
- Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in the affiliate efforts to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Adherence to PPSLRSWMO and department policies that
ensure for the highest quality and most professional services for PPSLRSWMO clients; (2) protect PPSLRSWMO’s assets from liability; (3) assure for the physical safety of PPSLR/WMO clients and employees, (4) protects
confidentiality of PPSLRSWMO clients, donors, board members, and all areas of operations and (5) Follows HIPAA privacy and security guidelines.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and professional individual who can teach sexuality education in a variety of group settings
- Must be flexible; working afternoons, evening and weekend hours is required
- Efficient means of transportation to all off site program locations is essential
- Commitment to human sexuality, reproductive health and freedom, comprehensive sexuality education, and family planning is essential
- Commitment to the mission, services and programs of PPSLRSWMO and of the PPFA Sex Education Statement of Principles and Values is essential
- Commitment to confidentiality is required
- Bilingual skills a plus, particularly Spanish, Serbo-Croatian, and/or Vietnamese
- Ability to communicate and work positively and effectively with persons of various cultures, age groups, abilities, genders, sexes, religions, sexual orientations and socieo- economic classes.
- Diversity training, knowledge and facilitation skills a plus
- Four year college degree in health, education, social services or related field.
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience teaching sexuality education is essential.
- Available between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
PPSLRSWMO is an equal opportunity employer.
Planned Parenthood Mid & South Michigan - 10 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...