Responsible for quality color matching/tinting, and quality of finished product processing within the duties and functions of department.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Utilizes color spectrophotomer and eye shading expertise to match batches to customer specifications.
- Ensures batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down and color matching/tinting. Batches are completed in accordance with central lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, colorants, color dispersions, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Involved with quality control checks and procedures, prescribed by central labs to ensure effective, accurate and expeditious processing with first run capability.
- Makes appropriate additions to production batch, as prescribed by quality assurance lab; using approved materials.
- Reutilization of resources for re-work materials in accordance with approved procedures by central lab.
- Communicates with other departments during production process, i.e. mixing, milling and filling/packaging, etc. Scheduled appropriate holding tans for proper co-ordination of product processing.
- May be required to maintain clean filters for transferring products and materials during production processing.
- Willingness to work and cross train in other departments frequently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in and demonstrated ability to accurately match color specifications.
- Ability to work safety and follow SOP’s.
- Ability t work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work flexible schedule to cover for other employees during their absence.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
2-3 years of manufacturing experience in a chemical environment preferred.
Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in these areas has...