- Ensures that all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines are known and followed.
- Ensures that all required safety equipment is available and used as prescribed.
- Ensures that the highest standards for product quality and service are followed.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Plans, schedules and maintains accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit, and assigns roles for task completion accordingly. Uses electronic data and information systems as required.
- Works with maintenance team, process managers, logistics and production staff to ensure effective utilization of materials, equipment and manpower, verifies that adequate conditions are maintained to facilitate production and actively participates and applies knowledge.
- Prepares and maintains daily department production targets, staff schedules, vacation schedules and attendance, and disciplinary records.
- Working from the facility’s production plan, organizes and directs daily production, balances local resources to ensure safe and timely completion of batches, makes certain quality and quantity expectations are met and recommends improvements to production.
- Trains and coaches on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc.
- Upgrades own skills by attending courses, seminars, etc.
- Resolves minor disputes and facilitates problem resolution as required; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
- Able to perform all departmental duties (mixing, filling, shading, etc) and/or have fundamental knowledge of each department’s process in order to assist as needed.
- Conducts employee performance evaluation reviews.
- Identifies developmental opportunities for hourly staff, routinely assigns stretch goals for employees.
- Ensures rework and recycling efforts are maximized on every single production
- Drives for results
- Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated hands-on problem solver.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in both production processes and staff contribution to facility productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-performing, self directed work teams that strive for continuous improvement in both quality and process accountability.
- Forklift experience and certification training completed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs including (MS Office) programs – Word, Excel, Outlook.
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Management, leadership, supervisor, leader, supply chain, engineer, manager, leadership, Birmingham, St. Clair County, Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Logan Lake, Pell City, Talladega, 30-45 minutes from Birmingham, Interstate 20-59
Minimum of 3 to 5 years Supervisory experience (preferably in manufacturing) required.
Benjamin Moore - 14 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...