Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity in our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV for a Web Engineering SharePoint Developer III .
Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe LLP is an International Law Firm with a global operations center in Wheeling WV, which is approximately 60 miles SW of downtown Pittsburgh along I-79 / I-70 or approximately 45 minute commute from Robinson Township via Rt 22.
The Web Engineering SharePoint Developer III will interact with business users, operational users, firm management and practice group leaders to provide business analysis, user interface design, programming and systems/solutions for Orrick’s SharePoint Extranets and other web based applications. Provide intelligent solutions for navigation, interactivity and site management. Consult with extranet stakeholders to identify key project goals and requirements, and provide guidance and feedback to minimize solution complexity while maximizing requirement fulfillment. Assist in the planning and development of scalable, performance-focused SharePoint solution architectures. Assist in evaluating third-party products that support or augment SharePoint 2010 and 2013 extranet capabilities as necessary, to support and meet Orrick’s strategic and targeted business needs.
• Work closely with Knowledge Management and firm leadership to architect, develop, and continually improve the firms SharePoint extranet solutions, with a focus on providing seamless integration with other systems, intuitive navigation, and easy to use features.
• Advise on and implement proper security architecture as it relates to internet facing SharePoint solutions.
• Follow established coding standards, processes, and procedures for development, testing, review and implementation of new and revised SharePoint sites and solutions as directed by the Sr. SharePoint Developer and Web Development Manager. Assist in the ongoing improvement of coding practices and governance policies.
• Provide ongoing guidance, assistance, and best practices to Orrick SharePoint power users for end-user customization of SharePoint sites.
• May lead other team members on complex projects.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications are required, including the ability to develop and perform solution presentations to business users and leadership.
• Must be proactive and take initiative to solve business problems.
• Revise existing applications, designs, and procedures to correct deficiencies and update statuses in Helpdesk software.
• Maintain effective data handling and business processes.
• Reconcile user requirements with existing and / or projected information systems.
• Stay current with changes and enhancements to the Microsoft SharePoint product line.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation for developed solutions.
• Help define rollout strategies and plans.
• Update task and project statuses in the project management tool and post completed documentation on Web Engineering document collaboration platform.
• Propose changes to procedures, processes and policies to improve business operations and costs.
• Coordinate and conduct meetings, demos and presentations with users and developers.
• Ability to be on call during nights and weekends per the rotation schedule.
• Ability to assist in off-hours code deployment and testing as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Advance degree or certification preferred. The ideal candidate will possess an MCTS in Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application development.
• Experience in SharePoint master page creation, modification, and branding.
• Additional skills in InfoPath, SharePoint Search, FAST, Microsoft Reporting Services and PowerShell preferred.
• Possess skills in IIS administration, Active Directory and networking, as well as some skill with design, layout, and user interface design and tools like Adobe PhotoShop.
• Possess experience with information systems in a client service oriented environment.
• Possess excellence in analysis, documentation and presentation tools.
• Possess strong communication and organization skills.
• Minimum of 6 years experience.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.