This position is for a SharePoint Developer III within the Application Platforms Portfolio. This team creates SharePoint applications for customers across Church Departments. This individual will be a core team member, responsible for delivering projects and for mentoring junior team members. Developers in this role will lead projects through the entire project lifecycle, including: cost and schedule estimation, working directly with customers, development (coding), delivering on-time and on-budget, deployment, and release management. The successful candidate will implement solutions to business problems using Microsoft SharePoint and other web application technologies to increase efficiency and productivity across languages, countries, and cultures. Must be a temple worthy member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. |
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IT, or related field
- 4-8 years experience with programming, web development, and/or SharePoint
- At least 3 years experience with SharePoint development, with emphasis on client-side development
- Strong understanding of and experience with SharePoint in the following areas:
- Out of the box features, such as workflows, lists, master pages, document management, and OOTB web parts
- SharePoint development, including familiarity with the SharePoint client server object model
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and familiarity with 2013
- Experience with SharePoint Designer
- Experience with Web-based front end technologies such as HTML (v5 preferred) and CSS3
- Knowledgeable with database technologies (especially SQL)
- Familiarity with JSON, REST, OData, and SOAP web service technologies
- Knowledge of application lifecycle concepts such as requirements gathering, configuration, methodologies, testing and documentation
- Must be skilled at establishing information architectures within business solutions
- Strong understanding of C#, .NET Framework, and ASP .NET (significant experience with other object oriented programming languages could substitute for C#/ASP.NET experience)
- Experience with Microsoft TFS
Business Knowledge/Skills (how SharePoint and office can be leveraged to solve business problems):
- Must have the social skills to communicate with non-technical customers
- Enthusiasm for teaching others, especially other developers
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways
- Ability to teach how to leverage SharePoint features to solve business needs
- Must be flexible to changing project assignments, requirements, deadlines, and projects
- Designing of applications from gathering of requirements through detailed specifications
- Must be able to take creative approaches to solving challenging problems
- Must be able to learn new technologies quickly and with enthusiasm and be A self-motivated learner
- Strong customer/usability focus
- Must support and reinforce organizational culture, business objectives, and management/portfolio strategy throughout all work activities
- Must align to and follow standard processes to assure quality and consistency of work.
- Must have the ability to work on several projects at once
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/How to Apply
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply at http://ldschurch.jobs. Click on the "Advanced Search" link and enter the job reference id in the "Job Opening ID" field after signing in.
LDS Church - 9 months ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist church that...