In 1924 MFS® established the first mutual fund to help make the US stock market more accessible to the average investor. Today, that commitment to investors remains evident in everything about the firm. At MFS® we hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. We believe the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration.
Using discretion and judgment, provides development direction and support of SharePoint systems, projects and technologies to meet specific MFS business needs.
Principle Responsibilities :
- Serves as a subject matter resource in the field of SharePoint technologies by maintaining a strong understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Translates business requirements into technical functional specifications for the development of SharePoint applications, processes or functionality for automatic publishing. Solves complex programming challenges. Leads team members in implementation of system solutions.
- Provides technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS information systems.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong knowledge of MFS information systems and their related components, and makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these systems as appropriate. This includes proactive performance tuning and capacity analysis to ensure MFS is maximizing its technology investment.
- Leverages technology to automate manual tasks, and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate. Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Aids in the development of, and enforces and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
- Receives goals and overall objectives from Management and assists in establishing and implementing the methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and budgeting. Projects may be of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Serves as technical mentor to more junior members of the team.
- Collaborates with other IT and business groups, and readily shares information to resolve problems.
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and its technologies: Web Parts, Event Receivers, Master Pages, MMS, and SharePoint Designer.
- Five-plus years of development experience with ASP.NET.
- Experience in developing InfoPath forms, Workflows (WWF), custom controls, application pages and integrating with external systems.
- Experience in working with SharePoint Object model and following SDLC.
- Experience in developing and deploying features as SharePoint Solutions.
- Exposure in creating site definitions, configuration/customization of SharePoint sites.
- Requires an understanding of SharePoint security.
- Familiarity with PowerShell and STSADM.
MFS Investment Management - 2 years ago
Massachusetts Financial Services (aka MFS Investment Management) offers more than 50 mutual funds, as well as annuities, separately managed...