The SharePoint Engineer installs, maintains, configures, develops and supports a SharePoint platform and associated software. This position is responsible at a tactical level to ensure the integrity and usability of SharePoint in meeting the objectives of the customer user community. This individual is also responsible for ensuring that the SharePoint infrastructure is sufficient and in good operating condition to meet the needs of day-to-day issues with minimal business impact.
Skill Requirements and Preferences:
- Lead and/or participate in the design and navigation in SharePoint home and user site 2010.
- Design and assist document management, collaboration and workflow projects with the user community.
- Day to day administration of SharePoint platform and associated applications.
- Liaison with IT Management and the business units to integrate and automate business processes in SharePoint.
- Leads projects associated with SharePoint.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including IT Management, development team, department heads and end users.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used to supported by the organization and facilitate the integration with SharePoint where possible.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives for SharePoint and associated applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance and monitoring of SharePoint, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
- Help develop a business continuity and disaster recovery strategy for the SharePoint implementation.
- Provide regular reporting regarding usage, resources, problems, changes, and other production statistics.
- Must have excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience with configuration and administration of SharePoint.
- Experience creating and modifying SharePoint lists and libraries.
- Experience creating/maintaining content types.
- Understanding of out-of-box SharePoint templates and themes and knowledge on how to import.
- Experience creating SharePoint Workflows.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in progressively challenging technical roles in deploying web-based applications.
- 3+ years SharePoint Portal and Server administration.
- 3+ years Windows Server administration, troubleshooting, LAN/WAN and Windows Active Directory environment.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical standards and best practices relating to OS, applications, and servers.
- Minimum of three years of technical experience in software development in web based application development using ASP.NET and C#.NET or VB.NET.
- Should have experience with: SharePoint Development, InfoPath Development, Custom Web Part Development, SharePoint Branding experience, CAML, HTML.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008 in a Windows Server 2003/2008 environment.
- SharePoint development (.NET skills would be a bonus).
- Experience with Section 508 compliance.
- Experience developing Web Applications.
- Familiarity with Website taxonomies and information architecture.
- Apache/Linux admin, a plus
- High School Graduate.
- 2-4 years of experience in the field.
Universal Health Care - 14 months ago