Are You Looking To Join A Dynamic & Collaborative Firm With a Performance Culture That Invests in Working With The Latest Technologies? Then You Should Consider AIS.
AIS continues to grow and our primary challenge is hiring great engineers with specific Microsoft specializations. So we have decided to hire engineers and invest to train them in those specializations. We are calling this our “Protégé” Program with the first specialization being in SharePoint. Each protégé will be teamed with a highly experienced Mentor and set down a path of a month long training program.
A little bit about us: AIS is a technical services company that specializes in custom application development working with the latest Microsoft technologies. We are not only a Microsoft managed partner with Gold competencies but we are also involved in virtually every field and product team program, appropriate to our focus, which places us in the top 0.03% of Microsoft partners. This unique trusted advisor status embeds AIS into the Microsoft innovation lifecycle, which exposes AIS to new products and innovations years ahead of their availability. This unique status enables AIS to be an invaluable partner to our clients as they seek innovations for transformative change.
AIS has been recognized among the “Best Places to Work” and “Fastest Growing” companies in our market segments. This is primarily due to our unique business model and employee centric culture. Enabled by our leaders, AIS is a community of like-minded engineers, driven to use the latest innovations to deliver transformative solutions. While other companies have elected to focus on staffing, AIS seeks projects that share accountability and risk with our clients. Our passion for building a community focused on innovation and delivery excellence gives our community a “purpose” where we heavily invest our profit to continue and expand. This focus is intoxicating to our staff and allows us to attract and retain outstanding engineers. We provide career opportunities with challenging work and actual career progression. Once you talk to us, you’ll know what we stand for – “For Purpose”, not just “For Profit”.
Currently, we are interested in hiring software engineers with ASP.NET programming experience that would love to add SharePoint development skills to their technical arsenal. In our opinion, SharePoint is a development platform with far reaching and cost saving implications for our commercial and federal clients. Rather than just using “out of the box” functionality, SharePoint in AIS terms, is a foundation for building customized enterprise case management solutions. Furthermore, future developments with the SharePoint platform will make SharePoint development experience an extremely marketable skill. We are committed to training .NET developers that are early in their careers on how to develop SharePoint solutions the right way. AIS has been working with SharePoint technology since 1999 (when it was still known as the “Digital Dashboard Starter Kit”) – we have deep expertise with SharePoint! We will put you through training and partner you with a mentor to ensure successful learning.
The SharePoint Protégé will:
- Enter a training program to learn about SharePoint development and will subsequently take a Microsoft SharePoint exam to validate learned knowledge.
- Work on a project team doing SharePoint development to continue learning through true immersion.
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
- Build elegant, scalable, extensible, cost effective solutions with an eye towards innovation and agility.
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making skills to understand client pain points and to self- troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Draw on at least two years of ASP.NET development experience to create custom applications for our clients.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Largely work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum with iterative development
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver project-based work.
- Uphold ability to have a minimum of an active Secret DoD clearance to access client sites and networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 years of experience with ASP.NET programming.
- A passion for technology and an ability to quickly learn new technologies with both self-learning and oversight.
- Have an ability to thrive with considerations towards volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
Intrigued? Check out these compelling AIS statistics:
- Acquired certifications of MCSD, MCPD, MCAD, or MCP.
- Desire to blog or present and speak publicly or internally on technical topics.
Some of our best employees belong to user groups, share ideas, value knowledge, and are constantly learning. We are looking for people who recognize this level of excellence in themselves.
- AIS is a "Washington Business Journal Top 50 Best Places to Work” Company
- AIS is a "Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing” Company
- AIS currently boasts a 85% retention rate.
- 85% of our original clients from about 30 years ago are still clients to this day.
- Average tenure is over eight years.
- Paid premium on medical, vision, and dental for the employee, paid overtime, and state of the art development tools are all a part of our outstanding benefits program
- Opportunity to work with the best of the best within the technical industry
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
Applied Information Sciences, Inc. - 18 months ago
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
- 8 days ago