Position Title |
Sheeter Operations Lead
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drive area operations to execute safety, quality, production, and cost goals. Determine best work systems and practices in your area and verify all crews execute the practices. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Actively promotes and participates in all elements of area and plant safety programs to create an injury free culture.
- Understands and enforces plant policies and procedures.
- Take part on all incident investigations in your area.
- Maintain housekeeping in your area and address any deficiencies found.
- Leads effective shift meetings and review safety topics in crew huddles.
- Verify key spare parts are maintained.
- Manage maintenance outages – including SAP work orders.
- Verify tools for operators are available and in good working order.
- Maintain speed and availability targets.
- Review orders on the schedule 24 hours ahead of running to determine if there are any issues that will need to be covered with operators.
- Help operators resolve quality issues.
- Oversee the resolution of operating difficulties.
- Assist operators and Maintenance to troubleshoot problems on the equipment.
- Communicate what’s going on in your area on a daily basis.
- Monitor and coach employees in your area.
- Verify all training in your area is effective and useful; review the status of all trainees with the training coordinator and your supervisor.
- Review all log systems to provide feedback to the employees, including safety E-log, operational log books, and shift-to-shift communication logs.
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED, (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Supervisor experience a strong plus
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to engage and energize those around you
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing workload.
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP knowledge is beneficial
- Some weekends required
- Working off shifts as needed
- Minimal travel
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 18 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...