This position is sponsored by SAMHSA and requires an MSW with LCSW Licensure.
Candidates without this credential cannot be considered.
The Shelter-A-Family Program Coordinator is responsible for the day to day supervision and program implementationof the Shelter-A-Family Supportive Housing program. In addition, this position will assist forty-three (43) homeless families that meet disability requirements in receiving housing and supportive services. The Shelter-A-Family Program Coordinator markets the permanent supportive housing program to the community, establishes close cooperative relationships with local shelters, hospitals, and transitional housing programs to identify and recruit perspective participants.
The position is responsible for conducting comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to determine eligibility and complete intake into the housing program. This information will also be used for the development of the initial case plan with each client.
This position is also responsible for Developing, in collaboration with the program manager, support system of services that include employment, health, education, parenting and substance abuse education to meet client needs and support self-sufficiency.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Proivde supervision of 3 Shelter-A-Family case management staff
- Facilitate monthly Community Group meetings and create new groups to provide for residents as needed.
- Co-facilitate Assertive Community Treatment team meetings
- Input data and run reports in the Homeless Management Information System (Pathways)
- Locate and monitor adequate housing for families per contract agreement with Dept. of Community Affairs
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in relation to accomplishment of program goals and objectives
- Monitors and audits documentation in progress notes submitted by case managers.
- Supervise the development and maintain community resources, initiate services that promote life skills, personal and family stability, and community cohesion
- Network to understand homeless community and gap in services
- Recruit, screen and assess families for eligibility to participate in the program
- Develop with families in the program an individualized Service Plan and monitor the progress
- Conducts discharge planning, and tracks participants who have exited the program
- Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the families
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required
- Ensure adequate billing and rent collection
- Serve on the emergency on-call rotation for the agency
- Report to the Transitional and Supportive Housing Program Manager
- All other duties as assigned
- MSW in Social Work with LCSW Licensure
- Knowledge of Atlantas Homeless Service System
- Minimum of 1 year public speaking experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Word
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...