Must be available to work weekends and holidays (10 am – 6:30 pm)
SUMMARY: Prepares and cooks meals for residents and employees of agency and insures the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and related areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and cooks meals for residents and employees of agency and insures the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and related areas.
- Develops and posts weekly menus in accordance with federal and state funding guidelines.
- Prepares nutritionally balanced meals following posted menus, using donated and purchased food.
- Maintains production records of items and amounts of food used in compliance with Special Nutrition Program standards.
- Serves meals, orders food and supplies, effectively using food banks and vendors to maximize economy and efficiency.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of the kitchen in compliance with public health standards.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of the pantries, freezers, refrigerators, stoves and all kitchen and staff food storage areas.
- Receives, verifies, and properly stores donated and delivered items that are used for meal preparation.
- Must be willing to work at additional locations when requested.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license and be able to drive during day and night hours.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SafeHaven - 15 months ago