Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Shift Coordinator to join our Detox Services team.
This full-time position will work a shift schedule based on business and/or client needs at our Wheatridge facility. Responsible for maintaining milieu structure and following program rules and procedures; Responsible for direct supervision of clients and providing training and supervision for milieu staff by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises all staff and client activities on assigned shift.
- Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality and is consistently at work and on-time.
- Interacts with client population in order to provide guidance, safety, stability and direction including de-escalating potentially dangerous situations.
- Professionally interfacing with and maintaining communication with external and internal referral sources.
- Coordinates treatment referrals for clients that are motivated to seek on-going treatment.
- Schedules staff and on-call staff as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of client charts.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Monitors staff adherence to cash and property handling procedures.
- Provides medication monitoring procedures in accordance with written procedures.
- Co-signs all clinical documentation and directions.
- Responds to and dealing with any crisis concerning clients or potential clients.
- Mentors and monitors Detox Technician, Outreach Van Driver and Detox Trainee positions.
- Provides monthly administrative supervision to staff.
- Coordinates all Outreach van assignments during shift.
- Provides direct client care, intake and discharge and data entry as needed.
- Ensures effective time management of all staff for efficient use of resources and completing tasks in timeline given.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (psychology, counseling, human services, social work, etc.) plus one year of supervisory experience or a Certified Addictions Counselor I (CAC I) with one year of documented work experience in behavioral health plus one year of supervisory experience.
- Certified Addictions Counselor II (CAC II) is preferred.
- Current registration in the State of Colorado DORA database as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Counselor, or mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT, LSW or LCSW) is required.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program. Ability to navigate specialized software related to supervisory duties.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
- The clients in this facility are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and/or experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the individual may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during loading and unloading passengers as well as driving in all weather and light conditions when assisting in the transport of clients.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- The individual must have the ability to repeatedly administer blood pressure assessments and inflate blood pressure cuffs.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard