Automotive manufacturing company that is very fast paced and runs a 3 crew operation.
This position is responsible for the daily operations of the crew they are managing to ensure we are suppling are customer with a quality product. With being a 3 crew operation this positions work schedule can vary from day work, night work, or weekend work.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the production department under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
• Work closely with supervisors to provide guidance in dealing with routine personnel issues and disciplinary problems.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with customer’s staff to ensure delivery and quality issues are addressed.
• Working knowledge of ASRS user screens and code identification.
• Ensures that the principles of the Magna Employee Charter, the Corporate Constitution and the Magna Operating
Principles are practiced, supported, and reinforced.
• Responsible and accountable for the Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) results.
• Work with the Production Supervisors to ensure all employees have a safe environment that is free of hazards,
unsafe actions, or unsafe conditions.
• Hold supervisors accountable for enforcing safety rules, policies, and procedures and make sure they are being
• Practice and Administer MPS Philosophies
• Review all reports of accidents or injuries in a timely manner, and make sure unsafe acts or conditions are corrected.
• Hold supervisor’s accountable for the plant’s health and safety performance, and conduct adequate performance
appraisals by evaluating the supervisor’s safety performance and follow-up.
• Take an active part in the plant safety program by performing regular workplace inspections, conducting safety
talks in departmental meetings, and assist in meeting or exceeding plant safety goals.
• Display a positive attitude towards safety and lead by example that will result in a safe and healthful workplace for
all who work at Louisville Seating Systems.
• Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to in accordance to the Magna Charter and
the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Administers and ensures compliance with the Quality and Material Management System requirements as outlined in
the policy manuals.
Knowledge and Education
A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years supervisory experience in a related manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. Must have knowledge of JIT communication devices and MRP systems.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent verbal communicator at all levels and with different sizes of audiences is essential. Ability to reason and make sound judgement calls in the face of adversity.
Fast pace automotive manufacturing/assembly plant
Magna - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....