M-Th: Night 4:30pm - 5:00am
Fr-Su: Day 4:30am - 5:00pm
Broadwind Energy is seeking Shift Supervisors for our Towers division in Manitowoc, WI. The Shift Supervisor will plan, organize, direct and control the operation in our manufacturing plant on assigned shift. Oversee the general operations of the company plant site with direction from the Production Manager. Organize production resources, materials and personnel to produce sections and complete tower equivalents to meet our customer schedules. Support the vision, values and mission of the organization and meet the objectives as outlined in our Strategic Business Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Act as liaison between the Production Manager and production departments on assigned shift.
- Organize resources and schedule personnel in accordance with the production requirements and ensure schedule attainment on a daily basis.
- Coordinate flow of product in most efficient sequence
- Monitor and control production output of each work center
- Facilitate/Lead the Lean continual Improvement activities
- Monitor the ERP system in order to ensure we have the correct amount of on hand inventory to meet production schedule, especially when usage varies based on increased production or out of specification material in our onsite inventories.
- Develop and maintain an effective Department through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination and review of personnel.
- Develop and maintain a program for sound employee relations with production personnel at all levels of the organization
- Provide guidance and direction to production employees to assist in their professional development.
- Follow and enforce all Company safety policies and rules of conduct
- Instruct employees as needed in the performance of their job to meet Company standards
- Communicate with other shifts concerning production and quality issues
- Coordinate repair and maintenance of equipment as needed
- Promote good housekeeping throughout Plant
- Work with Quality Assurance to promote timely and effective require QA inspections
- Control labor force and reallocate labor as needed to promote efficient use of labor and material as work flow dictates
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Associates Degree in Supervisory Management or a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management/Business; or an equivalent of at least 3 years manufacturing leadership experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Master on Lean tools such as; VSM, Kanban, TPM, Standard work, SMED and 5s. Proven Kaizen participation as Lead, Facilitator and participant.
- Strong leadership, influencing and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.