For more than 130 years, some of society’s most challenged citizens have benefitted from the programs and services we provide. Our work is organized along three areas of practice:
- Social Justice Services transitions ex offenders back into mainstream society and diverts at-risk youth away from crime and toward a productive and fulfilling life;
- Community Strategies provides adults with intellectual disabilities a chance to grow and flourish in the community by offering residence in small group home settings;
Guided by excellence, creativity, and compassion, we support individual transitions, strengthen families and improve community safety.
- The Crime and Justice Institute provides research and consulting services which advance evidence-based practices that inform systems-level change. Around the nation, we are making neighborhoods safer and improving the quality of life for all through strong public policy development and legislation.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for thesupervision of Program Monitors and ensuring all shift responsibilities are completed. Ensures adherence to the Federal Bureau of Prisons Statement of Work as well as CRJ Policy and Procedure. Primary responsibility for ensuring the secure and safe operation of the facility, specifically resident security, supervision and accountability.
- Provides direct supervision of Program Monitors on each shift to provide constructive feedback and situational corrective action
- Coordinates Program Monitor training and orientation under the direction of the Assistant Director.
- Facilitates ongoing supervision of Program Monitors and contributes Annual Job Performance Appraisals.
- Ensures all shiftoperations is accurately entered in Securmanage (shift activity, resident spot-checks, medication, urines, Alco-sensor, searches, incidents, supervision of meals, etc…)
- Ensures shift staffing schedule adheres to contract requirements.
- Conducts weekly inventory for ordering purposes and coordinates purchases with Facility Manager.
- Facilitates weekly safety and sanitation inspection reports.
- Ensures shift incidents are responded to in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible to complete all related notifications and paperwork, including Incident Report prior to leaving shift.
- Schedules fire drills, room searches, urines and monthly property room audit.
- Ensures security camera system is fully operational and used as required during shift operations.
- Maintains list of building maintenance issues and submits all concerns to Facility Manager. Ensures cleanliness of facility and assignment of daily resident chores.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs other job related projects and activities as directed by Facility Manager.
Core: Customer focus,communication skills, team effectiveness, problem solving and decision making, adaptability/cooperation, continuous development, initiative, and process improvement.
Basic Leadership: Flexibility, interpersonal skills, self-direction, overview of performance management, diversity, technical credibility, resourcefulness.
Basic knowledge of offender supervision in community setting, ability to adapt to change, high integrity.
- BA/BS Degree in related field, or 2-4 years related correctional, law enforcement or residential experience.
- 1 year supervisory experience required.
- Prefer experience in residential or community correction program.
Community Resources for Justice - 30+ days ago