BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:|
Directs Shift production and/or maintenance and capital activities both while in process and during non-process times to result in an effective organization capable of meeting annual operating production, quality, safety, sanitation, and cost targets. Develops new avenues to improve efficiencies and handle new tasks.
1. Directs shift operations to meet or exceed annual production plans and facility quality and sanitation goals to meet or exceed Del Monte standards.
2. Actively manages all necessary programs and directs accident prevention efforts to maximize the safety performance of assigned shift or department and effectively achieve or exceed facility Safety goals and minimize corresponding workmen’s compensation costs.
3. Directs department supervisors and hourly employees, as assigned, resulting in achievement of plant maintenance and operational goals, to include effective inventory management of materials and ingredients that optimizes cash flow while meeting production and maintenance requirements.
4. Actively assists in the annual budgeting process developing plans and providing effective and on going support to Plant management that result in increases in efficiency and productivity and decreases in operational and fixed costs.
5. Actively participates in the development and implementation of capital expenditure projects to assure completion within budget, and in an efficient manner.
6. Maintains effective labor relations with employees in accordance with equal employment and contractual obligations, and to ensure and improve employee motivation and productivity.
7. Provides timely and accurate status reports to ensure management is fully aware of the status of assigned capital projects and maintenance departments relative to the target starting date of the upcoming respective pack.
8. Provides support in other operational and/or administrative capacities as assigned, and actively supports corporate proprietary programs.
9. Ensure product safety through development, review, and enforcement of company policy.
10. Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and corporate food safety regulatory standards.
11. Review and enforce company quality standards provided by facility, regional and corporate quality authorities.
- Education: BA/BS degree with emphasis on business, technical science or economics or equivalent experience.
- Years of Experience: With a degree, three (3) years experience managing hourly and salaried employees preferably in a manufacturing environment. Non-degreed candidates should have an additional 2 years practical manufacturing experience.
- Special Requirements: Good knowledge of Food Processing, Safety, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, can seams and thermal processing Environmental, Budgeting and Cost Control, Organizational Management, Effective Communications, Labor Relations and Equal Employment.
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/)
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Big Heart Pet Brands
- 2 years ago - save job