To provide the highest quality products and services to guests of the Goodwill retail stores.
1. Guest Service
$ Greets customers upon entry to the store
$ Assists customers on the sales; suggests purchase options
$ Is knowledgeable about how purchases and donations create jobs
$ Thank customers for shopping and donating merchandise
$ Follow and help administer the A.C.E. policy and procedure
$ Operates register and charge card system; accurately handles money and credit card purchases
$ Assists in preparing window and interior displays
$ Pulls dated merchandise
$ Merchandise and stock shelves and racks
$ Provides accurate inventory when stocking shelves/racks
$ Prepares necessary paperwork; provides accurate reports on daily sales, shortages/overages.
3. Donation Processing
$ Sorts and grades merchandise
$ Hang and price items according to established pricing guidelines
$ Meets sorting production goal on a daily basic
$ Accurately counts sorted merchandise for daily report
4. Administrative Duties
$ Performs store opening and closing duties
$ Responsible for carrying store keys
$ Mentors and trains new team members
$ Supervises team in absence of Team Manager
$ Able to process time sheets and payroll
$ Flexible to work at other locations temporary or permanently
$ Perform administrative duties and ensures timely completion.
$ Reports to work as scheduled
$ Participates as an active team player
$ Learns new tasks and accepts new responsibilities
$ Participates in assigned training activities
$ Adapts to changing circumstances without difficulty
$ Language and interaction with others is always appropriate
$ Treats others with respect
$ Assumes responsibility for helping to solve problems on the job
$ Develops and maintains cooperative relationship with supervisor
* Assumes the responsibility of Safety Captain
* Set example for store team members by working safely
* Conduct store safety inspections on a regular basis
* Presides at monthly safety meetings
* Trains and educates store team members in safe and efficient work methods
* Keeps Safety/Wellness notebook up dated and ready for monthly review and inspection by Safety/Wellness co-chair persons.
EDUCATION: HS/GED preferred
EXPERIENCE: at least one year of experience in retail management.
* Ability to communicate on the telephone.
* Understand importance of customer service.
* Ability to stand for long periods.
* Ability to read, speak, hear, write and conduct business related mathematics.
* Ability to manipulate numbers.
* Ability to use the computer.
* Ability to work with little direct supervision.
* Hours include weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and push containers over 50 lbs.
* Full range of motion above the head.
* Ability to operate cash registers and charge machine.
* Required to stand during scheduled hours.
* Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions.
* Ability to bend, lift and carry.
* Ability to work rapidly, especially during peak sales periods to ensure all customers are being serviced properly.
* Ability to complete tasks with numerous interruptions.
*Kneel, stoop, climb, reach, pull and lift.