Summary of Position
This position is responsible for monitoring the catalyst coating operation in the production of Diesel Catalyst. The incumbent directly supervises the activities of the Process Control Engineer and Line Technicians who are assigned to the area and is responsible for the productivity and quality on his/her shift.
Nature and Scope
The Shift Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is directly responsible for ensuring that all activities associated with the production line operation are completed accordingly during his/her shift. This position is also responsible to maintain high health and safety standards, insure an efficient flow of product, reduce downtime, pursue high efficiencies, establish effective communication channels and minimize waste while achieving on time production and shipping schedules and high product quality. The incumbent is responsible to obtain or provide the additional support required to minimize or avoid line downtime and report major issues immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- Ensure that JM Environmental, Health, and Safety policies are followed at all times.
- Lead the efforts required to achieve high efficiency, minimize rejects (LTY), avoid waste while accomplishing the manufacturing of diesel catalyst.
- Work with Quality, Maintenance, Process Engineering and Material Control Supervisors on each shift to achieve optimal equipment productivity and quality.
- Coordinate the efforts needed to detect, identify, segregate, document and store non-conforming product.
- Follow, monitor and maintain the departmental standard process procedures according to best manufacturing practices.
- Audit shift results and direct staff to ensure that shift performance meets or exceeds manufacturing goals.
- Responsible to perform or coordinate the following activities involving waste generation:
- Ensure the effective utilization of coating solutions
- Waste and container labeling
- Removal of full containers
- Allocation of empty containers
- Effectively work to pursue and achieve team goals.
- Monitor, identify and coordinate the training needs of new and existing personnel.
- Responsible for immediate actions to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that product is properly released after completion. This includes taking action to resolve any issues associated with the lot clearing (quantity conciliation, required inspections, product segregation, product identification, additional testing, etc,), so production or shipments are not delayed. Directly responsible for coordinating housekeeping activities associated with the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Directly responsible for coordinating and monitoring coverage due to breaks, shortage, vacations or call offs.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on specific operating results or activities.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline and/or 2-3 years of industry experience or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient PC skills including MS Office.
- Solid problem solving abilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on an independent basis.
Johnson Matthey - 20 months ago
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...