Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
MINOVA USA Inc., A member of the Orica Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of chemical-based consumables, steel strata support systems, associated equipment and services for rock bolting and ground consolidation. The business provides both proprietary and custom-engineered applications based on 30 years’ experience of industry specialization. MINOVA has a total of eight steel and resin manufacturing sites throughout North America producing a range of trusted productsRole: Shift Supervisor – Steel
Job Purpose : Plan, direct, and coordinate the hourly workforce to ensure an efficient execution of the daily production plan while maintaining a safe work environment, producing a high quality product, and delivering on time to our customers. Accountabilities
- Review Daily Customer Open Order Report.
- Ensure proper staffing is trained and in place to execute the daily production schedule.
- Monitor production rates by workcenter and make necessary corrections to maintain maximum output.
- Complete daily production and payroll reporting.
- Regular attendance in Daily Production meeting.
- Overall Labor efficiency at or above 100%.
- On-time delivery
- Understand all quality requirements (SOPs, QC Checks, labelling/tagging, etc.).
- Perform necessary quality checks as assigned.
- Review quality checks by workcenter to ensure compliance with the quality system requirements
- Minimal quality defects
Safety, Health, and Environmental
- Maintain a presence on the production floor.
- Continually review employee performance and perform disciplinary and corrective actions as needed.
- Complete 30-60-90 day performance reviews on probationary employees and monitor their progress.
- Complete JDQTD on all hourly employees
- 100% completion of 30-60-90 day reviews on all employees assigned.
- 100% completion of JDQTD.
- Ensure the workforce is compliant with all SH&E requirements (PPE, safe lifting, guarding, forklifts, etc).
- Complete GLI’s and incident investigations, and complete corrective actions, as required.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and 5S workplace organization, by conducting daily safety walkthroughs
- Deliver best practice safety compliance.
- Complete minimum of five GLIs per month.
- 100% on-time completion of corrective action items
- Daily walkthroughs.
- Interacts with hourly employees on a daily basis, also interacts with management as required.
- Interacts with external vendors, and customer service contacts as required.
- Required to quickly make decisions with little or no direction, and effectively communicate plans of actions in a timely manner.
Personnel: 20-50 Direct reports
Education and Experience
Associates degree in technical or business related field preferred, but not required.
1-3 years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to speak in a group setting
- Ability to work with teams
- Utilize scheduling software
- Develop and use spreadsheets
- Utilize e-mail programs
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Decision making
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented