The primary purpose of this position is to fulfill the duties of the Store Manager in their absence and to ensure positive customer service. In addition, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for providing direction and assistance in the completion of daily merchandise and operating tasks to satisfy Rite Aid's corporate standard requirements. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an entry level, hourly position.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Fulfill supervisory responsibilities and other duties of store management when assigned as the person in charge.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, handling all customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner, and responding to customer complaints/concerns with a sense of urgency to see to their resolution.
- Merchandise plan-o-grams within seasonal departments, end caps, displays and basic inline departments according to store management direction and corporate standards.
- Control inventory by performing proper receiving and stocking standards including accurate cycle counting, and processing merchandise transfers according to procedures.
- Accountable for store cash and all other financial assets, reconciling cash register drawers, preparing deposits, and ordering changes from the bank.
- Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates. Respond to any unexpected emergencies to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Oversee that store inventory is regularly inspected in accordance with the Product Freshness Review Schedule.
- Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
Experience / Requirements:
This position has supervisory responsibilities when assigned as the person in charge.
At least one year of supervisory experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer services or at least one year of work experience in these types of businesses, preferable at a supervisor level with a two or four year college degree.
In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus six (6) months' of retail experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 11 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...