Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or GED and must beable to work the 3rd shift ( 8:30 PM to 6:30 AM), able to lift up to 65 - 85pounds frequently and willing and able to work overtime as required. Sit down and stand up forklift experience is required . Prior experience in order fulfillment is preferred. Bar code scanning experience is a plus.
- The Shipper will perform the following duties as part of the job:
- Pull material for orders using a stand-up or sit down lift truck
- Perform daily lift truck maintenance and safety inspections prior to equipment operation
- Locate and transport finished goods to the shipping staging area and prepare product for shipment
- Check inventory and use a handheld bar code scanner for inventory tracking
- Package orders as needed for safe and proper shipment
- Do product counts and weigh and tag the product
- Wrap loads with a stretch wrapper and load goods on and off a truck
- Complete and turn in all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Contribute to a team effort at all times to provide maximum customer satisfaction
- Participate in lift truck training and general safety training sessions
- Utilize all company equipment in the appropriate and safe manner
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse
- Other duties as assigned
The following are the minimum criteria for qualifying production workers at L.J. Smith Inc.:
- At least 6 months experience safely and efficiently operating a sit down or stand-up lift truck
- Must have prior Shipping experience, (pulling material from a pick list and palletize for shipment)
- Barcode scanning experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a good history of employment Steady worker, reliable (good attendance), good safety record
- Ability to read, write and follow basic instructions
- Ability to perform simple math
- Ability to work in a noisy and wood dust environment
- Must be willing to work any shift (assignments are likely for 2nd and 3rd shifts).
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to commute to the Bowerston area
- Experience with wood products preferred
- The ability to read a tape measure is considered a plus Self-starter, reliable and can work independently
- May be required to lift weights up to 65 - 85 lbs. frequently
- Continuous standing and bending; Climbing 10 to 15 feet on ladders
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: to merit consideration, your resume must include reasons for separating former positions and a statement of wage expectation. Resumes that exclude this required information will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug-free workplace. All positions require background checks and a pre-employment drug screen.