Primary Functions and Responsibilities:|
- Assists and oversees the following as related to the Shipping & Receiving area:
o Check received goods to purchase orders, freight bills, delivery tickets, etc., against part number, quantity, description, weights, and sizes.
o Report any discrepancies or damage to customer service.
o Accurately hand or scale counts items.
o Reacts to and expedites rush orders and other conditions that affect work output.
o Fills out identification tag and attaches tag to product.
o Distributes product to designated areas via forklift, pallet jack, etc.
o Checks product to paperwork.
o Uses discretion for packaging, depending on how the product is being shipped.
o Schedule common carriers to pick-up as needed.
o Works with Shipping and Receiving/Traffic Supervisor to determine weekly stops via our truck with utmost efficiency.
o Coordinates loading of PMF trucks to maximize truck efficiencies.
o Fills out corresponding paperwork to accompany shipment.
o Receives credit approval from Customer Service of any shipment that is under question.
o Maintains necessary clerical records pertinent to the function.
o Performs other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as needed.
- Sharp corners on skids, razor knives, sharp tools, ladders, moving heavy loads, forklift safety
- Must be able to repetitively bend, lift, kneel and twist.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to climb stairs and maneuver a forklift.
- Must be able to sit and stand at various times throughout the day.
- Frequent lifting, moving heavy carts.
- Previous Shipping and Receiving experience required
- CDL Certified preferred, but not required
- High sense of urgency and accountability
- Intermediate Computer skills required
- Forklift certified strongly desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- High-school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
cleveland.com - 21 months ago