Job Title: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, CA
Salary: $46K+, Incentives
Work Hours: M-F, 9am – 6pm
Maintains materials inbound, storage/handling, and outbound operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Inbound – Receiving: making sure that every PO from suppliers is received in accurately and timely according to policy. Outbound – Shipping: making sure that all scheduled orders are packed, labeled correctly and shipped on time.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
Directly supervises 4-7 employees in the Shipping and Receiving. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in shipping warehouse environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft AX, Microsoft SharePoint Database software; Everest Payroll systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Word Processing software.
- Ability to develop and monitor statistics such as productivity and overtime
- Valid Driver's License, APICS CPIM certification is desired
- Compliance/Traffic Certification Training is a plus
- Experience analyzing customer needs and proposing solutions that satisfy the customer and meets the Company’s business objectives.
- Strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multitask and resilience.
Iron Systems - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -