Perform functions to plan, coordinate and direct shipments of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products in accordance with established schedules and USDA regulations.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and schedule the department work to make maximum use of employees, equipment and material.
- Estimate manpower requirements and select qualified employees necessary for the work.
- Assign employees to jobs and instruct the proper performance and train in proper work rules.
- Maintain discipline of all employees in accordance with company policies.
- Recommend to management improvements and modifications in processes and procedures that will improve the system.
- Monitor and maintain forklift fleet insuring safety and proper maintenance.
- Prepare reports concerning department activities.
- Schedule all incoming and outgoing loads maintaining accurate logs of all transactions.
- Work closely with all distribution centers and trucking companies to insure supply.
- Work with the Plant Manager to schedule production to insure production needs are met.
- Create an environment where learning is promoted and process improvement is expected.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equvilent level analytical ability and communication skills gained through work experience.
- 3-5 years experience in a food manufacturing warehouse or related shipping/receiving function.
- User level experience with spreadsheet and ERP software.
OSI Group - 21 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...