Packs and ships material to all offices and various other locations according to prescribed procedures; and processes incoming/outgoing Federal Express items.
• Packs items for shipment.
• Operates United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) meter machines; reports malfunctions to supervisor.
• Ships all material sent from Home Office departments by airfreight, truck, USPS, Parcel Post and United Parcel Service, including all imprinted advertising forms, letterheads, and envelopes to agents.
• Ships in most reasonable or economical manner dependent upon time constraints.
• Verifies contents and volume of goods received on the loading dock.
• Performs other miscellaneous functions (such as assisting vendors in the loading dock, or as a Supply Clerk, or moving furniture, etc.) as directed by the Operations Clerical Coordinator in the area.
• Assists in preparing shipping invoices.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Third shift hours 10:30pm - 7:00am (Sunday-Thursday)
• Selected candidate will be trained 2 weeks on first shift to train on work flows, and learn daily production work flows for various business channels.
• Reliable, dependable, self-motivated, ability to meet daily production schedules.
• Experience preferred in General warehouse operations, experience with shipping/receiving, inventory system and pick ticket order fulfillment process.
• Experience preferred in USPS meter operations, automated inserting (envelope) machines. i.e Pitney Bowes, Bell & Howell, Gunther equipment.
• Experience preferred in Hi Low lift, counterbalance, reach and power floor trucks.
• Forklift certification or ability to successfully pass certification requirements within first 21 days of employment.
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Hearing, Reaching, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting, Standing, Sitting, Twisting, Walking, Carrying and/or Lifting up to 100 lbs. maximum.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with exposure to some or all of the following environments:
Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive noise level (to an extent that would cause the need to shout in order to be heard above the noise level) Moving mechanical equipment Conditions which would affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust
High school diploma or equivalent.
HO - None required. FNWL - Eight months as a Supply Clerk.
Special Skills Requirements
Farmers Insurance Group - 10 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...