Sulzer Pumps, a division of Sulzer Ltd, is a global leader in the development and supply of centrifugal pumps to selected industries, mainly oil and gas, hydrocarbon processing, power generation, water, wastewater as well as pulp and paper. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
- Ships product by unloading, loading, and verifying (counting, weighing, and checking) shipments, following department policy and procedures.
- Prepares shipments by assembling, counting, weighing, checking against shipping order and reporting discrepancies, selecting container and packing items not already packed, protecting, labeling containers
- Determines method of shipment when not specified by customer by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate, and time of shipment, and arranges for pick-up by transporter
- Ships domestic and international items by verifying identifying information and quantity and condition of items, loading and protecting items
- Documents domestic and international items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information
- Occasionally receives items by unloading vehicles, accepting deliveries, and forwarding documents to Receiving
- Maintains shipping materials by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed materials, placing and expediting orders for materials, verifying receipt of materials
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide LEAN and EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs other duties as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experienced and certified forklift truck operator with 3 or more years prior shipping experience
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, UPS & Fed-Ex applications)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to detect and correct paperwork errors or discrepancies as necessary
- Ability to carry out routine verbal and written instructions
- Ability to lift maximum of 50 pounds
Sulzer Pumps is proud to be an E-Verify & EEO-AA employer M/F/D/V and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace
Sulzer Pumps se enorgullece de ser un empleador "E-Verify" & EEO-AA,M/F/V/D" y mantiene un sitio de trabajo Libre de Drogas.
Sulzer Pumps Ltd
- 2 years ago - save job