A Shipping Coordinator is responsible for proper receipt, inspection, handling, disposition, packaging, label control (as applicable), storage, and shipment of products in and out of the warehouse. This position is responsible for the warehouse organization, housekeeping, and overall flow of products in and out of the facility. Strict adherence to quality system guidelines and a thorough understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA guidelines is part of the responsibility. Strict adherence to OSHA guidelines for safety, fork truck operations, and general material handling is also required.
• Perform incoming inspection of all shipments received.
• Complete all appropriate documentation as it relates to shipping and receiving.
• Ensure organization and housekeeping of warehouse operation
• Ensure safety requirements are being met with regard to fork truck operations, loading trailers, handling waste, etc.
• Ensure proper procedures are followed for shipment of product to customers.
• Provide assistance to manufacturing, R & D, customer service, and other departments as necessary.
• Assist with the training of others (as applicable)
• Oversee safety in the warehouse as it applies to various truck drivers, and others not familiar with the warehouse and safety procedures
Shipping Coordinator should have a High School diploma or equivalent, with 3+ years experience working in a warehouse environment. The position also requires the following; ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted, ability to safely operate a fork truck and obtain an operator’s license, the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, the ability to follow detailed instructions for kitting, packaging, and shipping products. Shipping Coordinator needs to possess excellent organizational skills, good attention to detail, and the ability to function well in a team environment.
Shipping Coordinator must be willing to adapt well to changes in procedures, revisions, updates, and system improvements. Must be versatile and willing to perform duties outside of the warehouse operation. A thorough understanding of the company’s policies, Quality System and documentation requirements must be reflected in a Shipping Coordinator’s work habits in order to meet the requirements for ISO 13485 and FDA regulations.
Vapotherm - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -