Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in a safe and sanitary work environment in compliance with the company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations.
• Coordinates the load out schedule with in-house distribution functions as well as insure the smooth load out of all products to trucks.
• Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to insure proper rotation of all items (cold/wet environment).
• Maintains an effective inventory control program on all outside purchases for resell.
• Monitors attendance, overtime, to insure compliance with company policies and all government regulations.
• Insures full compliance with all quality assurance standards.
• Insures full compliance with company dress code policy, good hygiene, and housekeeping practices.
• Make regular inspections to insure all shipping facilities and equipment are in compliance with company policies.
• Ability to develop, train and supervise an effective group of employees.
• Insures accurate accounting of all products (in and out) of the cooler.
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in order to meet established objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have leadership and problem solving skills
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be a team player with the ability to plan and execute operational activities
• Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment a must
• Must meet minimum educational requirement of High School Diploma or GED
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in management preferred
Borden Dairy Company - 6 months ago